Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thing # 10 (Week 5) Online image generators


After playing around a bit I finally chose the Warholizer. Since my hobby is genealogy, the image I chose to upload is of my grandmother Maria Sposato, who was born in Carpanzano, Italy. I plan to use this generator with library pictures for my website.

I also spent a lot of time investigating the other image generators. My initial opinion is that most of them are rather silly, but I can see the usefulness for occasional classroom use. However, this won't happen for a long time at my school because many of these newer technologies, especially those that manipulate images, have been blocked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the shades of blue you used for this.

Anonymous said...

http://www.ImageGenerator.org has 5,000 more Web 2.0 image tools (make buttons, digital scrapbooking, banners, sigs, avatars, comics, photocards, fake magazine covers, wordart/logos, gags, posters, etc).

msimpson said...

I agree with you - a bit fun and silly. I used one of the tools on Flickr to frame student art, but I'm not sure I can post it for parents and students to see. How ironic. Keep pushing forward, don't give up, you're not alone in the world of blockage.