Friday, February 8, 2008

Thing # 12 (Week 5) Roll your own search tool with Rollyo

While I enjoyed viewing other searchrolls, I found it difficult to immediately come up with a list of reliable websites to create my own. I finally created a couple based on sites I usually check on a frequent basis - subjects are "Book Reviews" and "Italian Genealogy". I'm almost embarrassed to say that I made them public since I'm not sure that anyone else would find them useful! Oh well, I'm just learning. I wanted to add a search box to my blog, but couldn't figure out how to (even though I read the instructions several times.)
I think Rollyo would be useful for teachers who wanted their students to search only pre-selected websites, and add that information to their homework pages.

2 comments:

LibraryStrong said...

I also couldn't figure out how to add the searchbox to my blog, other than just linking the URL to the words. I kept thinking I was missing something since they were making it sound obvious.

hornetlady said...

I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who's confused! Maybe the instructions haven't kept up to date with new version of rollyo.