Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing #23 1/2 (Week 9) Summary

My favorite discovery was Zoho writer. Now I'm anxious to learn more about the other applications to see if they are as easy to use and as full-featured as the writer. Like many of us, my workday is so busy that I appreciate not having to spend an enormous amount of time just learning how to save more time. I don't think that I would have tried all these things if they we're required for this course, but I'm so glad that I did because the experience has given me the confidence to connect with the digital natives in my high school.
I managed to complete everything on time, but I did think that the pace was a little fast. I would've been happier investigating fewer technologies in depth rather than just touching on 23. And I'm quite disappointed in the grad credit option from Fresno Pacific, even though I'll be finishing up with that this week too. (I hope.) It would've been much more effective if students had been able to sign up at the beginning of our discoveries so that we could've used that forum to post our thoughts.
An overworked, yet appropriate one word summation of this experience? AWESOME!!

No comments: