Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thing # 21 (Week 9) Podcasts

I wasn't really sure I'd benefit much from this exercise because we can't view or create podcasts in school, but I did find a series of videos that a vocational school in Illinois recorded that might convince our technology coordinator to allow selected classrooms to use them for educational purposes. I've posted the podcast of an electricity and robotics class that I'm sure our electricity instructors could use. I wasn't able to embed it into this posting, even though I tried to follow the directions. I'm also adding the link to this slideshow that goes along with the podcast.
I had a considerable amount of difficulty viewing podcasts for this section. The tutorial from Yahoo wasn't available and Podcast.net and Yahoo Podcasts took too long to load or kept hanging up my computer. I had better luck with the Educational Podcast Directory, but there were also quite a few links there that I couldn't seem to view.

2 comments:

LibraryStrong said...

You've been busy today. Me too, I'm working on finishing up this class since I'm going away for a few months. I noticed that your link to slideshow isn't working.

hornetlady said...

I re-copied and re-pasted the slideshow link as instructed but it still doesn't work. Could it be that you need Picasa to view it?